Thursday, June 12, 2008

Potomac Crossfit Of the Washington DC Metro area






Dan Hoffman is part owner and
Crossfit coach at Potomac Crossfit.

"I’ve always been fairly athletic, but I am not an elite athlete. I’ve always been intellectually curious, but I am rarely the smartest guy in the room. I started working out regularly (again) and with intensity during my 10 months in Iraq (I am a Naval Flight Officer). It was something I could do to briefly get away from the job. Also, I turned 30, and knew that the days of athletically getting by on my youth were over. At that time, I was not doing CrossFit, but I was building a good base doing diverse workouts (mainly to fight off boredom in the gym). When I got back from Iraq, Brian (Co-Owner, Naval Academy Classmate, 2000) kept hounding me to do CrossFit. I was skeptical - as I tend to be. It seemed like it was a little bit of smoke and mirrors - how could workouts so brief possibly train you for much longer endeavors? I actually gave CrossFit a chance as a way to conserve time. Since then, my perspective on CrossFit has completely changed. Bottom line, it works. I am in the best shape of life. No caveats. I do not dread workouts - I savor them. The diversity of the CrossFit program has me constantly learning - which I love. I believe in CrossFit and what it does enough to start a business in it. I believe in Brian and Jen (Co-Owner and Head Trainer) and who they are enough to start a business with them. Come check us out."

No comments: